So, I’ve decided to add a weekly column of sorts. A little summary for you on what has been going on in the oh so fabulous world of fashion. I’m thinking a little of this, a little of that: a little business, a little gossip, a little tech, a little human interest and a little fun to mix things up.
When I started this lovely little blog of mine one of my main goals was to educate my non fashion readers and I hope and think this is a step in the right direction.
Enjoy, tell me what you think, want more of, less of, etc.
So here it is, my very first . . .
The Seam: Fashion Stories of The Week:
1. It Takes Two: Tsumori Chisato (Opening Ceremony New News)
- Fab. interview with one of my fav. and many a fashionista’s fav. designers, Tsumori Chisato.
- Great overview on which fashion companies have taken the media world by storm in 2010.
- Great feature on and interview with the hot, hot, hot, London-based accessories designer who won the Emerging Talent Award for accessories at the British Fashion Awards.
4. Tumblr is Sending 20+ Bloggers to New York Fashion Week (Fashionista)
- This one speaks for itself. Now why, again, did I chose WordPress?!
5. Sears, Urban Outfitters Said to Weigh J. Crew Bids (Bloomberg)
- It seems everyone has been rumored to be vying for J. Crew, but, Sears, really, . . . . that can’t be a good match.
6. EBay Takes a Page From the Glossies (NYT)
- EBay hired a Creative Director of EBay Fashion to Juj up the site and make it more zine like.
7. Retail Forecast for 2011: Better Sales, but Also Tough Times (California Apparel News)
- Slow recovery for retailers continues into 2011. Bumps in the road ahead. (I know it sounds pretty boring . . . but it is good info to have, trust me!)
8. French Vogue Names New Editor (NYT)
- After much speculation over the past month Emmanuelle Alt is named Editor in Chief of French Vogue. The controversial exit of the beloved Carine Roitfeld, meanwhile, is still a mystery.
9. Rodarte Exhibit Comes West (Trade Talk, California Apparel News)
- High fashion darlings the Mulleavy Sisters of famed Rodarte will showcase some of their more recent wares at an exhibit at the MOCA in LA this summer (LA here I come! . . . like I’m not already there enough ).
- An interesting look at the rise of community based fashion sites made up of curated content and product selection.
Some interesting tidbits to keep you busy over the weekend . . .
In The Seams