1. Look, Ma, We’re Fashion Moguls! (Newsweek)
- Great behind the scenes look at one of my fav. lines, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen’s, The Row. Had no idea they were such champions of the US of A’s fastly dying garment business.
2. Secret Cities: Los Angeles (Nowness)
- Had to include this one . . . . Two of my fav. designers, Kate and Laura Mulleavy of the fab. Rodarte, reveal some of their much loved LA haunts. Love the insight into what has inspired them over the years.
3. Olivier Rousteing Is the New Designer of Balmain (The Cut)
- The rumors have been confirmed, little known designer, Olivier Rousteing, will take over for Christophe Decarnin as head designer at Balmain.
4. Thirty Minutes With Karl Lagerfeld (W Editors’ Blog)
- A fab. Q & A with the legendary Kaiser. Always love getting insight into the thoughts and ideas of such fashion greatness.
5. Q&A: Franca Sozzani (WWD)
- A insightful chat with the always interesting and controversial Editrix of Italian Vogue, Franca Sozzani.
6. Fashion Companies Go Green, Cut Costs (Thread NY)
- Apparently going green does more for a fashion company than make them feel a bit more socially responsible. For companies as diverse as fast fashion fashion giant H&M and luxury big wig PPR who owns brands such as Yves Saint Laurent, going green has also proven to increase the bottom line.
7. Jimmy Choo eyes £650m HK float (Financial Times)
- With several companies in the hunt for control of Jimmy Choo,the luxury shoe giant ponders getting on the Hong Kong stock exchange band wagon. I mean it seems like everyone is going public in Hong Kong these days . . . Prada, L’Occitane and now, perhaps Jimmy Choo.
8. Countdown to the Met Ball 2011 (Telegraph)
- After we have all found out who has designed the Wedding Dress (Yay Sarah Burton and McQueen!!) it is on to the next big moment in fashion . . . The Met Ball: fab. fashion, wonderful tribute to Alexander McQueen, Daphne Guinness’s performance art and all.
- And, finally, it is all revealed!! Kate looked stunning in an understated, elegant and timeless gown created by the fab. Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen! Can’t believe she went with my first choice! Such a wonderful tribute to the late Lee McQueen, British fashion and fashion in general.
- A great behind the scenes look at the Met’s exhibit, titled “Savage Beauty” of the life and work of the great Lee Alexander McQueen, which will be feted by the Met Ball this coming Monday night, May 2nd.
Fab. reading for a lazy Sunday. Enjoy!
In The Seams